The Code for Sustainable Homes (CfSH) is used to assess a dwelling or development for sustainability, Sadler Energy are able to offer advice at both the Design Stage Assessment (DSA) and Post Construction Review (PCR) to help you achieve your development goals.
What is the CfSH
In April 2007 the CfSH scheme replaced Eco homes for the assessment of new housing in England. The Code is an Environmental Assessment method for new homes based upon Building Research Establishment's (BRE) Eco Homes and contains mandatory performance levels in 7 key areas including energy, water and waste.
The Code aims to protect the environment by providing guidance on the construction of high performance homes built with sustainability in mind.
Sadler Energy has a wealth of experience in the helping clients meet the required demands where developers need to meet Level 3 and Level 4 of the scheme and can offer advice and best practice to enable you to meet your code obligations whilst maintaining your build goals.
Our qualified team are able to offer support in the following ways :
- Advice and guidance at the Design stages including the most appropriate strategy for achieving the required Code Level performance for the development.
- Pre-assessment reports where Planning authorities require a commitment to reach a specified Code Level performance for the dwellings and where designers require assistance in meeting specific Code ratings.
- Registration of the Development.
- Design stage assessment of the proposed development leading to an interim certificate.
- Assistance in accumulating supporting documentation including site visits to ensure certification is achieved on time.
- Post construction review and report leading to the final Code for Sustainable Homes Certificate.
What you can expect at each stage
STAGE 1: Feasibility / Pre-Assessment Report
- Report to assess the potential of the outline design to achieved the rating for the buildings
- Identify all the applicable based criteria and advice on cost effective solutions to achieve additional credits
- Advice on design and specification to achieve the required ratings for the buildings
STAGE 2: Design Stage Assessment
- Evaluation of proposed specification / target credits
- Identification and confirmation of targeted credits
- Update of Design Stage Assessment to be carried out during design development
- Report issued to Code Service Provider for Interim Certification
STAGE 3: Post Construction Assessment
- Guidance and advice to project team to help ensure design stage rating is maintained
- Site Inspections
- Report compliance
- Report issued to Code Service Provider for Final Certification
Additional Code Compliant Services
Please contact a member of our team on 01962 718870 to discuss your requirements and how Sadler Energy and Environmental Services Ltd can assist you in meeting the requirements of the Code for Sustainable Homes.