• MenuMenu
  • Home
Welcome to the Sadler Energy Blog

Frequently Asked Question

Just some of the questions we get asked by our clients

A selection of Frequently Asked Questions from our clients

Take a look at some of our answers to common questions we get asked during the course of the day.

What are the common causes of air pressure testing failures?

  • Underfloor ventilation grilles
  • Gaps in and around suspended timber floors
  • Leaky windows or doors
  • Pathways through floor/ceiling voids into cavity walls and then to the outside
  • Gaps around windows
  • Gaps at the ceiling-to-wall joint at the eaves
  • Open chimneys
  • Gaps around loft hatches
  • Service penetrations through ceilings
  • Vents penetrating the ceiling/roof
  • Bathroom wall vent or extract fan
  • Gaps around bathroom waste pipes
  • Kitchen wall vent or extractor fan
  • Gaps around kitchen waste pipes
  • Gaps around floor-to-wall joints (particularly with timber frame)
  • Gaps in and around electrical fittings in hollow walls
  • » Read More

Who needs energy performance certificates?

Need to know whether you need and Energy Performance Certificate.

Please see the table below for details on who might require and Energy Performance Certificate

» Read More

What are the legislative requirements of EPCs?

Energy Performance Certificates and Building Regulations

European Energy Performance Directive

The requirements for Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are driven by the European Energy Performance Directive, with the latest Directive having been published in May 2010.

» Read More

What is the SAP Rating?

We explain the numbers found on the SAP Assessment.

The Government Standard Assessment Procedure or (SAP for short) is used as the methodology within England and Wales to assess the energy performance of domestic dwellings. This assessment has been introduced to meet the requirements set out by the European Energy Performance of Buildings Directive.

» Read More

I have a large development, how many plots do I need to test?

Air Pressure Testing Regime

As of October 2010, Building Regulations required that Air Pressure Testing is carried out on a minimum of three units of each dwelling type, or on 50% of a particular dwelling type, whichever is the least number.

» Read More

Why not ask us for a quote?

We have extremely competitive pricing, why not get a free non-commital quote.


© Sadler Energy and Environmental Services Ltd.
[Site Map] [Privacy] [Environmental Policy]

SAPs • Code For Sustainable Homes • EPCs • Air Testing
Covering Southern England: Hampshire, Dorset, Sussex, Wiltshire, Berkshire, Surrey and London.

Cookies Notice

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the Sadler Energy website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.

AllowMore Information